Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Waiting for the nice weather

"Snow men are definitely no consolation for sun and sand," said Alison Bowden to me today. I couldn't agree more.

In some states you don't have to wait for nice weather. All we do in Iowa is wait for the weather to do something else. I hate it here. I hate the cold. I hate the snow. I hate the mud on the sides of the sidewalks when the snow melts. I hate the puddles that form underneath the trees when the snow melts. I hate that I can see my breath. I hate having to defrost my windshield. I hate wiping eight inches of snow off my car. I hate the snow plows for plowing three feet of snow into our driveway. Why did my ancestors stop when they got to Iowa?  Oregon Trail anyone??  Manifest destiny??!!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more.

    Let's move to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheer up, spring is just around the cdorner!

    ReplyDelete