Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Baptism

Rob and I went back to Independence on Saturday and spent the day with his family. We walked around the golf course a little bit to get an idea of where we can have the wedding. I can't believe it's only nine months away already! It's going to fly by I think. Ryan was home and Julie's parents came over for dinner, so it was great to see everyone while we were there.

Sunday morning Zaladet was baptized at the First United Methodist Church. Zala's Great-Grandma Shonka made her baptismal gown out of the train of Shristi's wedding gown. It was a gorgeous little dress. Sadly, I don't have any good pictures of her in the dress yet; my camera took awful pictures inside the church and the ones I have from afterwards were when she'd already changed out of it. I'll get some pictures from her mom and dad.

My parents hosted a brunch at their house after the baptism. I haven't seen my extended family--or even my parents for that matter--for a while, so it was so nice to be there with everyone!

I really wish I would have taken more pictures this weekend!


Pastor Bailey holding Zala

Great-Grandma Tootie

Grandma and Great-Grandmas Shonka and Melka

Baby, Mom, Grandma, Great-Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment