Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Last day

I am done student teaching. The last sixteen weeks have flown by. I have to turn in my final portfolio tomorrow morning, and then I am SO ready for graduation on Saturday!

I can't wait to graduate! I never felt like I was cut out for college. Working has always been more important to me. I learned a whole bunch of stuff in my college courses--some of it I learned in order to take a final, and now I can't remember any of it--but I always felt like my most meaningful learning came from tutoring and now teaching. I strive to create meaningful learning for my students. I try my best to avoid the "stand and deliver" crap my professors gave to me in college. Adolescents (and college students!) do not respond to that.

It was sad to leave today knowing I wouldn't be their teacher anymore. I plan to visit a couple times for some special activities they have going on for the year of the school year, so it will be nice to see everyone again.

I had such an awesome student teaching experience. I wish there was a way of controlling student teaching opportunities so that it would be certain that everyone got a fantastic placement. I was so upset when I initially had not been placed while many other education students had been. Rob kept telling me not to worry, and that the reason I hadn't been placed yet was because my perfect placement didn't exist yet. He turned out to be right. Everything worked out perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment