Thursday, July 03, 2008

On holiday

The wedding is only a few weeks away. So is the honeymoon. And the beginning of my career.

Three days after the wedding, Rob and I are going to Mexico. Three days after we get back I report to Dallas Center-Grimes Middle School as "Mrs. Brown." I already have a mail box and everything. It says Brown on it.

I've had some time to work in my classroom this week, which has been nice. School is practically a comfort to think about right now.

Although we have discussed (well, mentioned in passing--is that a discussion?) putting up a slideshow of our secret wedding on a secluded island on the 26th as guests arrive, it will not happen :) We will be there celebrating with everyone who loves us. I know it will be so much fun. And I will NOT go bonkers by then. Contrary to what you may hear from Rob!

Sometimes I approach wedding planning with dread instead of excitement. I'm trying to change that. I don't know why I get so nervous. There's no reason to have so much negative anxiety over what will be the most exciting and happiest day of my life so far. Good anxiety only! My new mantra.

Meanwhile, it's a holiday weekend! Start the Marty Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment