Saturday, July 26, 2008

♥ Shristi ♥

My hopes of getting a sister from my parents dwindled when I was about 10. I realized I was it. That was fine until my brother got older, and then I turned my attention toward him. He provided the sister :) Shristi and Andy were married in September 2005, and she officially became my sister-in-law.

She has probably done more for me than an actual sister would. She has talked me in and out of things more times than I can remember--it is nice to have someone else share their experiences and try to make me better off from them. She talked me into transferring from the University of Minnesota to Iowa State--one of the best and most important decisions I've made in the past few years. She let me LIVE with her and my brother during their first year of marriage. It was fun for everyone ;)


Now that Shristi and Andy have Zaladet, there are even more experiences to learn from.  Not many of my other friends are married or planning to get married any time soon, so some of the most insightful conversations I've had about marriage lately have been with Shristi. She also knows how to plan a wedding! She taught me well too--I had an organized binder full of different wedding categories within two weeks of being engaged.

I love her, and it is hard for me to remember now a time when she wasn't in our family. We have so many stories from the past several years! It's nice to have an ally ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment