Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Baking at night

My mom is probably at home baking something as I write this. To deliver to church or to feed the farmers. Or my dad. God knows who. She enjoys cooking and baking and making things at all hours. I've stayed up plenty of nights with her to help--that is, sit at the kitchen table and chat while watching her create a bunch of things at once without even looking at the recipes half the time.

I just baked some cupcakes. I still have half of them to frost. I'm not up late baking for the fun of it. Teachers are taking things to school for the last day of conferences tomorrow.  I remembered that I need to take something tomorrow at oh, about nine o'clock....right after I sat and watched America's Next Top Model, used every drop of hot water in the shower (are those dishes in the dishwasher that claims to be running right now actually going to come out clean? :S), and asked Rob why he was still working about 80 times. And then. Oh. Dang.

Luckily my roommate is a cake addict so we have cake and frosting on hand--he'll have to stock up again now. That's about the only thing you can count on in the pantry around here, besides about seven different boxes of cereal--some that go with milk in the mornings, some that go better in handfuls whenever this girl traipses through the door after school.

Several times that cake batter was bound for the garbage disposal, but somehow it made it into little paper cups to be inhaled by dazed teachers tomorrow. It's too bad I don't enjoy things like this a little more. I do kind of enjoy the frosting part though. Better go do the rest.

2 comments:

  1. Wednesday nite I made 3 9x13 pans of Paula Deans French Toast Casserole for UMW on Thursday. The ladies loved it and we had a lot left over.

    ReplyDelete