Monday, January 18, 2010

No new pictures

to post because we haven't done much worth taking a picture of, I guess. We saw Sherlock Holmes this weekend, and we both really liked it. Kind of a mix between the show House (which I LOVE) and The da Vinci Code. And obviously some influence from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I really wasn't completely interested in seeing this movie, but I was really hungry for movie theater popcorn, so we went. And I'm glad we did because it was excellent. And Robert Downey Jr won a Golden Globe for it last night! I like him.

Still haven't seen Avatar.....Rob has, but my friends were in town that day, and I just don't think I can sit through that long of a movie. And those blue people or green people, whatever they are, remind me of Fern Gully. Maybe I'll try to rent it when it comes out. Rob wasn't overly impressed like I imagined he would be, so maybe I'll never see it.

Had professional development today. Very useful day! Our tax dollars truly went to paying a bunch of professionals. Naturally there were moments that I wish I could have back, or at least could have spent lingering over my french fries instead of shoveling them in to get back to the auditorium on time. Poor Des Moines with their every Wednesday early out deal next year. It hasn't come to that for me yet.

1 comment:

  1. The frost on the trees here is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete