Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stormy night

I woke up to the sound of tornado sirens going off at 3am. I laid in bed for a minute listening because it wasn't storming, but I remembered that the forecast was supposed to be storms moving through the metro around 4am. I woke Rob up and right then we heard the wind pick up big time. Realized our power was out--grabbed the radio, flashlight, and Lilly and her blanket and headed for the basement. I think it started storming the second we got down there. We were never in anything more than a severe thunderstorm warning and flash flood, but the sirens go off if there are winds 70 mph+ in the storm. We waited in the basement a while for the warning to expire and the storm to calm, went upstairs and lit some candles until the storm really died down (didn't feel like going back up to our bed in front of the second most giant window in our house!)--and our power came back on--at 4am. Then back to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment