Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Giving thanks

Had a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner at Rob's aunt and uncle--Susan and Brad's--house in Ankeny. Food was excellent, seeing everyone was even better. After I did a little shopping Friday morning (went to the mall about 8:30--you won't find me out in the middle of the night with all the other crazies!), Lilly and I went to my parents' house for the afternoon. Went to the O'Brien Christmas party on Friday eve and saw a bunch of relatives I haven't seen forever! Lots of little kids! After that I brought Ryan along with me to experience true townie bar fun--in Alburnett. Kiley's grandma lives there and visiting Mahoney's--the bar and fried chicken place--for Thanksgiving is becoming tradition! I've seen Kiley's parents more lately (at ISU football games) than I have seen her, so it was sooooo good to catch up. It wasn't quite the same as the first time we hit Alburnett together (that's probably a REALLY GOOD thing!) but I just LOVE going there. Back to school and work now for Rob and me, and I'm looking forward to Christmas break! I'm also coming down with a cold, right on schedule--seems to come at Thanksgiving every year. Hope it goes away quick! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy December tomorrow--time to buckle down and get the Christmas shopping done! Have all the decorations up and the house looks great--now I need more packages to wrap :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment