Thursday, April 21, 2011

$.02

Also posted on Facebook......
"Friends don't care when you're broke, being a bitch, what you weigh, if your house is a mess, what you drive, about your past, or if your family is FILLED with crazy people. Your conversations pick up where they left off, even if it has been months(or even years) apart. They love you...for who you are. Re-post if you have at... least one true friend. They will know who they are :)"
Okay, I can't totally annihilate this statement like I wish I could, but I do think it's mostly crap. To me this sounds like an awesome excuse to be a terrible friend. "Sorry that I can't control my behavior, that I don't take care of myself, that I don't think enough of you to clean up around here, and that I just can't seem to contact you within MONTHS or even YEARS----but we are still True Friends!!!"

*throw up*

I have friends that I don't talk to all the time. I blame Facebook. Why should I talk to anyone when I know exactly what they are doing and what they have been doing--maybe even hourly--ever since I got Facebook in 2005? So......there are my friends.....there are my friends I pretty much only use Facebook to talk to.......and then there are those 440 other people on my Facebook....

On an unrelated topic, I did a major overhaul of "our" closet and took a ton of stuff to Goodwill. The guy at the donation drive-up thing had the nerve to say, "Is that all??" ??!!!! "UghhhHH, YEPP!!!" I grunted as I lifted the final bags from the trunk. I've been finding some pretty good deals on clothes lately....in attempts to update my spring wardrobe. I spend a lot of time on this website

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/explore

looking for ideas for clothes I already own and things I need. I've limited myself lately to J. Crew, Banana, and Loft (too bad H&M is four hrs away) because I can always find things there.....and I've come to the point where it is more important to actually FIND something than hunt relentlessly at random places in hopes for better prices. The good thing about all of those places is that because I'm a teacher I get 15% off full price stuff.....and they all generally have much better sales than that anyway.

Rambling on.....Some girl tried to rob a Medicap in Oskaloosa in the middle of the day today. What's wrong with people? The news has a nice picture of her. She actually does look like she could use some Oxycontin though.

DSM superintendent Nancy Sebring is probably goners. She used to be a sup in Colorado and now she's a finalist for the Boulder sup job. She came and spoke to my Master's cohort once.....in a class taught by her twin sister. Dang, I need a twin sister in high places.

The baby eaglets are getting big and funny looking. They look just like the fuzzy little Easter baby animals I used to imagine when I was a little kid.

Big news in the Register and on WHO today....a guy wrote a full page obituary for his mother. 1,786 words. My mom's dream!!! :))) Which is so weird to have a dream that is 100% guaranteed to NOT be fulfilled in your lifetime.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011104210338

I once earned an A+ on an English assignment in which I included my mom's obituary--that she writes and keeps updated.

Rob turns 30 two weeks from today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment