Saturday, May 26, 2012

A few nursery pics

Here are a few pictures of the baby's room.  It's not quite done, so I'll post more pictures later.  It has been fun to set up a nursery and get ready for the baby.....even though I have no clue what I'm doing!!

On the left of the crib on the wall is my yarn-wrapped stick mobile/wall hanging thing that actually turned out kind of rustic-y and cute.  Above the crib hangings from Tar-zjay.  Bird mobile from Land of Nod.  Sheep quilt on left from Land of Nod.  Middle quilt custom made by my grandma from a bedspread Rob and I got from Julie.  White baby blanket on the right made by my other grandma!  In the crib, my teddy bear from when I was little (to like age 20:)) and Rob's stuffed dog from when he was little.....


This is a shelf above the dresser mirror.  A few vacation pics from spring break that kind of go with some art work I bought from a seller on Etsy.  Birds hand made by Alexa!  Gifted stuffed animals.  In the mirror you can see the Rock n Play sleeper to the side of the crib.  Got good reviews.  Voeden has used it and seemed quite happy in it, so hopefully our guy likes it too!  Plant on stand by window is a peace lily that makes me think of Julie every time I see it and water it.  Lamp retrieved from Marty & Julie's basement....


On the dresser......ABC cup is something Julie saved from when boys were little.  Sheep found by Alexa.....


Land of Nod mobile.  My own rustic-y stick creation on wall....


I finally have my favorite childhood book Sugarplum in my possession!  It is in excellent condition, and I was elated to buy it for 60 bucks from Amazon.  I check online all the time to see if anyone puts up a cheap copy (this book is typically listed for $260!!!), and since this one was in perfect condition and even had the dust jacket, I sprung for it.  So excited to have this book.....and excited to not have to scour the web for it anymore!!  So it is kind of a girly doll book, but I love it and can't imagine not having it as part of my book collection for my child.



My parents are planning to bring my rocking chair this weekend, so I'll have more pics then....


No comments:

Post a Comment