Tuesday, June 05, 2012

37 weeks



Today I had an ultrasound at my 37 week appointment to check baby's position. Last week the doctor wasn't sure if baby was head down or not.  I have been really nervous for this ultrasound all week because if he was not head down at this point, the options are not great.....I would have to either try an external version--which can be very painful, has risks associated with it, and doesn't have great statistics of actually working--or schedule a c-section.

We got great news today though!  Baby is head down--waayyy head down according to the ultrasound and the doctor feeling the baby externally--so I am extremely relieved.  The doctor said that he is unlikely to flip at this point, so I'm feeling much better about these last few weeks of pregnancy.

Once I could breathe a sigh of relief about that, it was really fun to see him on ultrasound again.  He was quite squirmy, so we didn't get the best pictures.  We did see that he has at least some hair and we got to see his face.....his little nose and mouth....and his lips moving as though he was trying to breathe or suck.  Rob and I were both so happy to see him again before he comes!

Fingers crossed that everything continues to go smoothly and baby comes soon!

Here are a few pics from the last week.....

 Here I was at 32 wks...

Now at 37 wks...should have stuck with black yoga pants for sure....

Getting clothes washed and ready......

Here is the awesome rocking chair that my parents had redone for us!....  
It matches everything perfectly!  
And the walnut footstool is one my dad made.....
30 years ago maybe??.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment