Monday, July 16, 2012

Big day

Guess what!!  Today I left the house for two hours....alone!!  The only other time I've left the house by myself since I had Mace was to go to a doctor's appointment.  And that was for like half an hour.

Rob took the day off today to hang out with us and stay with Mace so I could make it to a dentist appointment and run errands.  We have been planning for my two hour outing for about five days.  (I am sort of feeling like a first year teacher again, when I had to plan down to the last detail and each day's lesson felt like it took all my time and energy to think through and plan for.)

The goal for today was to get Mace to take a bottle from Dad and eat while I was out of the house.  We want to make sure he will take a bottle for times like this weekend when Rob's dad will be here and we'll go out to eat and be out for who-knows-how-long.  I'd rather have a bottle handy than try to find a way to nurse while we are out.

Success!  I went to the dentist (and I have the best dentist ever.....they give you paraffin wax hand treatments and hot towels for your neck and shoulders while they check out your teeth.....so my dentist trip pretty much felt like going to the spa after the things that have happened to me the last few weeks!) and Target.....and Mace had a bottle from Dad without any fuss!

And now Mace is doing his second favorite activity after eating......



While Mace naps, I catch up on Days of Our Lives.  Okay, so it took me exactly one episode of Days to catch up on what I've missed since last summer.  I see some solid midday programming when Mace is out.  I also see a lot of commercials....

Only two commercials have made me actually laugh out loud lately, and one of them is on all the time now.  It's the Barack Obama ad that features Mitt Romney singing "God Bless America".  I guess it's just that it is the most obnoxious political ad I've ever seen that makes me laugh about it....





The other one that makes me laugh every time is a Snickers ad from the Superbowl.....where Roseanne gets hit by a log......




No comments:

Post a Comment