Thursday, August 30, 2012

Doesn't our life look so carefree and easy?!!

*LOL*

I am happy to report though that the last two nights we have all slept reeeallly well!!  :D

And....we do have a pretty happy baby.

As for the sleep.....took me 10 weeks, but I finally figured out that maybe I shouldn't change his diaper when he wakes up in the middle of the night??  I was reading online from other moms with June babies (I have pretty much been addicted to the BabyCenter app on my phone since about two hours after I found out I was pregnant) that their kids were sleeping so well and would go right back to sleep after eating in the middle of the night....and it was making me depressed.  I don't even care about getting up.....it's the not-going-back-to-sleep part that is killer.  

Finally Rob and I realized.....if these kids are sleeping through the night.....then they are not getting a diaper change.....so maybe I shouldn't change Mace's diaper either.  Which at first sounded like some sort of neglect to me.  But....we're tired.  And wouldn't you know it....two nights ago, I got up at 3 to feed him.....he ate.....and was fast asleep in less than 20 minutes.  And slept for three more hours.  And we were soooo happy.

And then last night he slept from 10 to 5:15....which is his new record.  I can totally handle 10 to 5.  Let us all hope this continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment