Thursday, September 27, 2012

3 month milestones





  • Can't live without......my lovely Medela Freestyle pump to save milk for Mace to have at daycare.  Thankfully I have a stash in the freezer, so there isn't any pressure to pump for tomorrow's food.  Pumping sucks.  It is weird.  And boring.  At home while I pump I'm usually just putting on my makeup in the morning or getting ready for bed at night, but at school I am just sitting in a tiny room wishing I was doing something else.  And I pump during lunch, so that means I don't actually eat lunch until 1:45 (that is, if I remember to bring actual food to eat)  when I have my planning period.  I've been drinking Ensure for extra calories.  Which is also weird.  And boring.
  • Also can't live without Mace's cute and crinkly elephant.  This was a gift from a couple of my students last year.  Mace loves the crinkling sound it makes.  
  • Sleeping.....has been awesome for all of us lately!  Mace usually goes to bed between 9:30 and 10 and will sleep until somewhere between 5 and 6.  It is heaven.  I'll feed him in the morning and then he'll go back to sleep until Rob gets him up around 7:45 to get dressed and go to daycare.  He gets to daycare around 8:15.  I pick him up around 4.  Mace is usually the last to arrive and one of the first to be picked up, so he has a fairly short day.
  • Eating......every 3ish hours.  The gals at daycare have him on a good schedule which rules because I sure didn't when I was home with him.  (His schedule was weh-weh-WAHHH MOMMMM!  *feed*)  Usually he's ready to eat by the time we get home around 4:30, so that is good for me so that I can just feed him instead of having to pump again. Now that daycare has started, we are glad to be using Playtex dropins for bottles.  Rob takes a bottle of fresh milk and two frozen bags to daycare each morning.  The girls unthaw the milk as needed, rinse the nipple of the bottle, and put in new liners.  We send a clean bottle the next day.  That means we aren't washing a ton of bottles and there aren't millions of bottle parts laying all over our counter.  Which is great because we are still not in to having baby stuff all over the place.
  • Diapers......size 2 in Pampers Swaddlers and Huggies Snugglers and size 3 in Costco Kirkland brand.  I really like the Costco diapers.  They are just as good as Pampers. 
  • Clothes....still in quite a few of his 3 month clothes.....3-6 months for sleepers.
  • Hair.....his brown hair is coming in thicker all the time!
  • Weight......almost 16 lbs!  My weight--still have three pounds to lose to get back to pre-pregnancy.  I have been back in all my normal clothes though for several weeks.
  • Grandma daycare......is about to happen for the second time this weekend.  We went to the Iowa/Iowa State game and left Mace and Lilly with my parents all day and everyone survived.  This Saturday Iowa is going to try not to suck it up too bad against Minnesota, and Mace and Lilly get to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa Shonka again.  The game is earlier this week so maybe we all won't be as tired this time around!
  • Daily daycare....is awesome.  Can't say enough about how much we love the place.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment