Friday, December 21, 2012

6 months

Today is Mace's half birthday!  Half birthdays were a big deal to me growing up because my birthday falls in the summer.....so I never got to take treats to school :((  So I took them on February 10th, my half birthday.  Mace unfortunately may have the dilemma of not having school on his birthday OR half birthday depending on how Christmas break falls.

After today we will be closer to Mace's 1st birthday than to when he was born!  Crazy.  Mace's birthday coincidentally falls on the best day of the year (well, the best day of the year three years out of four).  THE LONGEST DAY OF THE YEAR!!  Rob had never even thought about daylight and the summer solstice until he met me.  I have always looked forward to the winter solstice (today!) because after that the days start getting longer. The summer solstice is the best because the time leading up to it and after it are such nice looonng summer days.

We are home enjoying snow day #2 today and hoping to finish up a little last-minute Christmas shopping tonight.

If you wait until the last minute, it only takes a minute! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment