Thursday, December 27, 2012

Grandpa Paul



My late Grandpa Paul was born on Christmas day.  Growing up I always thought he got the short end of the stick having his birthday fall on Christmas. I mean shouldn't he have had just a few more presents?

Cruising was one of my Grandpa's favorite things to do and I never saw him happier than sitting on a ship in the open ocean sipping a cool beverage. It is an experience I grew to love during our trips together. I have so many wonderful memories and stories I can tell Mace someday.  Our roller coaster ferry ride from St.Thomas to St. Johns.  The time he drank one too many fishbowl margaritas.  Standing together on the balcony watching the ship pull away as the sun set.  The never ending hunt for the cheapest booze on the island. Being forced to take a picture that I'm now so grateful to have. I'd be remiss if I didn't thank my mom for helping to make those memories. The above picture is from the cruise she organized for her 50th birthday.  She always gave good presents :)

  Here's a drink recipe from my good friend that will put a smile on your face.


Pusser's Rum Painkillers

2,3,4 oz Pusser's Rum
1 oz Orange Juice
1 oz Cream of Coconut
4 oz Pineapple Juice

Serve over crushed ice with a dash of nutmeg.

Thanks for everything Grandpa Paul!

-Rob

1 comment: