Thursday, December 27, 2012

Mace's First Christmas


Some pictures of how we'll remember Mace's first Christmas!  Didn't get a picture of Mace with his cousins unfortunately.  A little difficult to round up a five-year-old, three-year-old, one-year-old and a six-month-old.

Noticeably absent from Christmas this year were Rob's mom and grandpa.  We often think of Thanksgiving last year and how Julie was doing better and we were all able to be together.

We thought

how awesome would it be if she could be home for Christmas!...

The new year will be hard to start in a sense.  The day after Julie died, Rob said something like This feels so weird, this is the first day that I am alive and my mom is not.  Now it will be a new year.  Time is strange because the passing of it is supposed to make things easier, but it also takes you so far away from what you care about.

Something that haunts me is Julie telling me she wished she would be able to see the baby.  I wonder all the time about why Rob and I have been married nearly five years and only recently decided to start a family.  Then I think too that maybe things worked out the way they did because we really needed Mace when he came.

2012 got off to a pretty terrible start, but ended in the most amazing way.  




















No comments:

Post a Comment