Monday, January 21, 2013

7 months


Our big news is that we have had an amazing week of sleep!  Honestly I haven't slept very well in almost a year.  It was around this time last year that being pregnant just gave me major insomnia.

A week ago Sunday, we decided to again try letting Mace cry a little to get to sleep (we always seem to come up with some brilliant new idea on a Sunday night when we have to go to work the next morning).  That night he cried off and on for almost half an hour, and it was pretty torturous to listen to.  He was MAD.  But he eventually fell asleep and slept all night long.  The rest of the week was great--if he did wake up, he put himself back to sleep.

That means a whole week of NO middle of the night feedings!

And I'm sure since I went ahead and told everyone about this we'll be up all night.  But it sure was a great week while it lasted :))

10 comments:

  1. your little man is so precious! And hooray for sleeping through the night - I can imagine how wonderful that must be for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little one is now napping and sleeping in his crib. It's not all night but 5 hours at a time without any wake-ups. Makes for a happy Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mace is so cute! It just gets better from here with the whole sleeping thing! Good luck with it all and thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm looking forward to getting to know you more through your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for sleeping through the night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad we found each others blogs!

    I am SO thrilled for you. I have totally been there with the sleep thing. My daughter was an awful awful sleeper up until 6 months. I won't go into it all here, or else this comment would be a novel, but just know that I am jumping up and down for you because I know what a precious gift sleep is, especially after 6 months of craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute graphic..love this idea of putting milestones on his picture at each month!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment on my blog! Mace is SO cute (and you too!). Ha, love the comment about the pants riding up and turning into Euro man capris. I often think the same thing. Ha. Cold ankles but warm baby boobies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the name MACE!
    what a doll face

    xo the egg out west.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cutie you have here!

    Thanks so much for becoming our newest follower! You are the sweetest, and I hope we'll really get to know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh his cute little pj's!!

    kashiariley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete