Saturday, January 19, 2013

Brave

There's a little story about how I suddenly became obsessed with the cute little bears from the Disney movie Brave.

Last week at school, I was looking through my wallet for a buck for the vending machine.  The wallet was one I'd just swapped over to--one I'd grabbed of Rob's mom's when we were home for Christmas.  I figured before even looking that I didn't have any dollar bills.....but I reeeaally wanted a pop, so I checked.  Amazingly, barely sticking out of one of the credit card slots was a bill!  I yanked it out, silently thanking Julie for leaving me a buck.  Except when I pulled it out.....it was a hundy, not a one.

Since Rob's dad said to keep it, Rob and I decided to use it to buy things that Julie might have bought for Mace.  Everyone knows Julie was a pretty good shopper, so we won't find the great stuff she would have found. But I like the idea of getting Mace a few things that we wouldn't have otherwise--with Julie in mind.

So have you seen Brave?  Because we did just a few weeks ago and thought it was adorable!  Especially the little triplet boys in the movie.  That turn in to three little bears.

SO. CUTE. I WANT TRIPLET BEARS BOYS!

I mean probably not actually.  But when I started shopping at the Disney store (because I don't know anyone who loves Disney World more than Julie did......We can't WAIT to take Mace!) they had the plush bears of those cute little triplets and I basically fell in love with their giant heads and cute poses.  And how sweet and classic looking they are without being overly cartoonish.  Julie's style and our style.


Also decided that I pretty desperately needed this queen mama bear mug.  Mace got the baby bear mug for someday......


Bear + baby bear mug = 89 surprise bucks still to spend from Grandma Julie to Mace!  (Disney Twice Upon a Year Sale ruled).

And the moral of this story is that I still had to borrow a dollar to buy a pop.

6 comments:

  1. that's the best story! love that you found $100. what a cute mother in law to tell you to keep it!! i need to see brave now. xo
    chaseandem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I know what our next movie night will consists of. Those bears are adorable.
    Love the surprise $100. So sweet.
    And, THAT MUG! Need.it.now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! How stinkin' adorable is your son in these pictures! I love his little teeth showing in his smile!

    kashiariley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute bears, cute mug and super cute baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! I love that the movie Brave had triplets in it (even if they are boys and mine are girls!) and we already own it just because of that!!!! And your little man is adorable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your little one is adorable and those bears are so dare cute!

    I love when I find money.. it is the best thing in the world and to find that much is like being on cloud 9.

    Thank you for stopping by.. newest follower

    www.paintingmariposasinthesky.com

    ReplyDelete