Monday, January 14, 2013

Grandma Julie

 Little Mace will never get to meet you, but he will know everything about you. I will tell him I loved you as much as he loves his mommy. I will tell him how you took good care of me like his mommy takes care of him. I will share all the little things you did for me for 30 years.  That is how he will understand how important you were to all of us. How he will understand you were an amazing mother just like his amazing mommy.

You can shed tears that she is gone, 
or you can smile because she has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she’ll come back, 
or you can open your eyes and see all she’s left.

Your heart can be empty because you can’t see her, 
or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday, 
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she’s gone, 
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, 
be empty and turn your back, 
or you can do what she’d want: 
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

David Harkins, © 1981 



-Rob

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by my blog chica! and let me tell you that when i first saw your header i DIED over your puppy! DIED! oh and of course the babe too! my hubs and i can't wait for this sweet baby girl to come into our lives! Such a cute blog- i'm bound to visit back...daily!

    ReplyDelete