Wednesday, January 16, 2013

It's hard to be a baby


Nice job out of Rob for replicating his grandmother's awesome pot roast recipe the other night!

Mace had the Gerber special, i.e. whatever is in our pantry.

Mace hasn't been such a fan of things I try to make him.....like mashing up some potatoes or whatever we are eating.....he is sticking to purees for now.  And I'm just not super-mom enough to make my own baby food, so Gerber it is.  As I walk down the baby food aisle and basically swipe my arm across the shelf to dump one of each in my cart, I think of all the time and mess I am saving and push the guilt of not doing it myself to the back of my mind.

And okay.....he WILL eat avocado I mash up for him....is that because of all the fats in avocado?  Because he sure likes to get chubbier and chubbier every day.  Kid needs to grow an inch taller and even out a bit.

8 comments:

  1. Yahoo for new blog/teacher friends! What grade do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8th! Middle school drama! :))

      Delete
  2. HAHAHA! That picture cracks me up.
    Good luck with new foods. It took us for-ev-er to get past eating yogurt and bananas (that was our diet of about 2 straight months).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that SAME Wilton silver set! .... well at least a few pieces from the set. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have several pieces too.....and I need to use them more often! Not wait for special occasions that never happen! :))

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my blog :) I, too, look forward to following along on yours. I was just looking around and cannot believe you started blogging in 2006!!! What a wonderful scrapbook of memories for you!

    P.S. your son is adorable and I LOVE his name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm yummy! When you compare baby food to that delicious meal, it is definitely baby who is getting the short end of the stick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fell in love with your heading, you look very happy in it! :) Best wishes!

    What do you think about following each other? :>

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete