Saturday, February 23, 2013

I am a baby raccoon

In just a few days, Mace has gone from a sweet little boy, busily playing with his toys and leisurely rolling and scooting around the living room to a nuisance of a baby raccoon, obsessed with all things shiny and scampering across the carpet to find something troublesome to do.  And since we have no giant garbage can or anything like that to knock over in the middle of the night living room, he's settled for my sequined slippers...


And the knobs on the only drawers we haven't managed to turn toward the wall yet....

And my ring......

Would probably be fun to try to eat it....

Oh and this morning when we were still in our jammies, lounging around and waking up, we saw the NBC report about the pandas come on again....and Mace was pretty enthralled with it.....mostly because I'm pretty sure he thought he was looking in a mirror at his GIANT BABY RACCOON SELF.



But they sure are cute.


11 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through Audrey's and I love it! You have the cutest little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect comparison. So funny how much he loves the bling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does he like mirrors?
    He is too cute, gah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I forget THAT raccoon tendency?? That flat blue thing laying next to him while he's pulling the drawers out.....yeah.....that's a mirror!

      Delete
  4. I like the one where Mace is trying to eat your ring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious baby! I love the series of photos with the ring. He looks like he's marveling at it and then BOOM eat it! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just be thankful he doesn't sneak out of his crib and go through your trash in the middle of the night (have you seen the great outdoors?? haha) The series of pictures is so cute you cant even be mad at him :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all must be so exciting for him. Love the stripey all in one!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab Tuesday Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post made me laugh out loud!! My dogs go through the garbage at times, so I guess I have some pet raccoons as well. He looks so enthralled with your ring! Must be quite the rock "-0. I can't wait til the twins get to be his age though, where they are curious and adorable and into everything, because I remember how entertanining it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is sooooooo cute! Thanks for visiting my blog - now I have yet another adorable baby the same age as mine to stalk. Not creepily, of course :) My son, Henry, is in the same stage - anything that isn't a toy is the best toy. Not only shiny things. Also includes power cords (awesome), dresser drawer pulls (ugh) and any tiny piece of lint or dust or food not found by the vacuum right away (gross).

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your slippers!!

    ReplyDelete