Thursday, February 28, 2013

Snow day


11" of snow this week.  We were supposed to get a DUSTING!  Thank you to my weatherman (and a shout out to his shoplifting wife!) for some sweet forecasting.  Too bad the rest of us have jobs where our performance sort of, like, determines whether we stay employed or not.  

Rob got to snowblow us out and try out the coveralls my dad gave him.  An early out and a day off for me.  I *think* Mace was happy to stay home with me (probably because I hold him while he sleeps....okay I hold him all day long), but I worry I bore him.  His daycare buddies are pretty fun.  We used the time at home (the few moments I wasn't holding him anyway) to learn a dangerous new trick...
What a proud little turkey raccoon boy!  Figured out how to pull himself up...on to the most hazardous thing in the house, naturally. 

So of course I filmed it.  

Mom fail.


What am I supposed to buy to cover that edge??  Something like this??

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sally! Your little boy is super adorable. I love when they begin to climb around and get into everything! Following your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that snow picture!! It's snowing here today too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Mace, go! Watch out, before you know it he'll be cruising all over the place, using furniture to trapeze his way around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did I hear about this shoplifting wife!?!?! I heard about this! WHAT IN THE WORLD!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I had a little guy like yours, I'd hold him all day long, too!! Nothing wrong with that in my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Holy snow! Heard about all the snow Iowa got, yikes! Not to toot my own horn, but it's 46 degrees here. Clear sky and snow free roads...haha 2. Shop lifting wife?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that first photo with the snow!! we have the same type of fireplace in our living room and i have no idea how to baby proof it. we got the corner things, but asher ripped them off :(

    ReplyDelete