Monday, March 25, 2013

Gone

Winter can pretty much shove it.  Or shovel it.  Like shovel my driveway.  Right now.

I want to be back on the beach.  With my baby dipping his toes in the water.


I hate coming back from vacation any time, but especially to snow.  Whywhywhy is this happening at the end of March?

Left this.....................to come home to this?!!!................

Some people say things like well it's good to be home! or I'm glad to be sleeping in my own bed!  I never say those things.  I like my house fine, but if I never slept in my own bed again for the rest of my life I would not care one bit.  I like to be gone.  Somewhere else.  Somewhere interesting. 

Rob is used to me spouting off, usually on the drive home from the airport.  

"What about Manifest Destiny?  How come our ancestors didn't do that?"  

"What will archeologists say one day when they dig up Des Moines?  'We think this strange civilization KNEW about the oceans and coastlines yet continued to live in this desolate area.  It is very confusing.  We will need to keep digging in hopes to understand.'"

"How do any of these hotels around here make it?  Who is staying here?  I mean, state wrestling is only for a few days each year."

Of course I like having a home.  It's handy for laundry and storing my things.  But I wish we were on vacation a looott more than we are.  Who doesn't, I know.  But really.

This is why I'm very upset that I'm not the 330 mil Powerball winner.  :((  So sad.  

7 comments:

  1. Haha, I love what you are saying here, too funny. I agree- I would rather be on vacation a lot more!! Here's to winning the lottery ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're right there with you with the snow. It snowed not once, but TWICE yesterday. Shove off.

    Peace OUT, winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny because as much as I love vacation, I always love coming home. Something about being home just makes me feel comfortable. Although, being somewhere warmer might make me give up my house for a few months. It has just been way to cold lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I know how you feel... especially when winter just doesn't seem to be going away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wish I could bring all my stuff on vacation (without the worry or hassle of packing and unpacking). Then I'd never want to go back home.
    As for that Iowa snow, blech. No, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh I hear you. HATE leaving a warm vacay for the frigid air our winters hold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have an adorable family! I couldn't agree more about this long winter we're having. It's nice to find another Iowa blogger!!

    ReplyDelete