Sunday, March 10, 2013

Good enough for a town this size




When I was helping my Grandpa Paul with something I always knew we were done when I heard the phrase good enough for a town this size.  It wasn't perfect, but it was good enough to get the job done and no one would be the wiser.  When it came to things he made for his family he wanted them to be perfect.  If you knew my grandpa and saw his hands you wouldn't believe he could have carved these figures.  Who knows how many times it took him to get one how he wanted.  I'd see a few discarded heads and he would explain how he cut off the nose or the ear wasn't quite right.  Through his determination and a bit of stubbornness each grandchild had one upon graduation. For now they will sit on Mace's dresser waiting for the day I can explain to Mace where they came from.



-Rob


1 comment:

  1. What amazing pieces to pass on to Mace!

    ReplyDelete