Saturday, May 11, 2013

Baby shoes


High fives to my mom for picking up these thrifted Nikes and to my brother (a father of four who obviously knows how to do everything at this point) who taught me how to get the fattest baby feet EVER to actually go in to shoes.  Turns out Mace actually has basically normal feet and I am just a moron who can't understand the concept of a Velcro shoe.  Neat!

Since Mace can't officially walk yet (he's getting braver and braver and letting go of stuff once in a while though!), I know he doesn't need shoes.

But to me he's getting to an age where he just looks like a little boy and looks funny if he doesn't have shoes on when we are out and about.  It sounds weird and sort of dumb actually, but I just look at his shoeless feet when we are out and think doesn't your mother know how to dress you?  At home, he's barefoot or in socks (except here when we were getting ready to leave)....



When we ran over to Lowe's this morning it didn't need to cross my mind that maybe-your-feet-are-cold or maybe-people-are-judging-me-because-WHERE-ARE-YOUR-SHOES?!  Strange how something like wearing shoes can make the difference between a baby and a boy.


10 comments:

  1. AH he is so cute! And love the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously have an obsession with baby shoes! I put Piper in them as often as I can! But she takes them off... Stinker. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally hardly ever wears shoes. Im sure people are judging me left and right....why is that POOR baby not wearing shoes?! It's hot here and she tends to pull them off most of the time anyway... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcus (I) need those shoes!
    We have some psuedo-crocks that are another awesome alternative to the shoes in which fat feet (or most likely, normal size feet) cannot fit. The "crocks" are awesome. They breathe, they're "bendy," and who cares if they get dirty - they're crocks. :)
    But, if we're really being honest, my kid hardly ever wears shoes. I maybe remember .07% of the time to put shoes (crocks) on him before we leave the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those shoes are too cute!
    i love them on him :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness those shoes are so cute!! It's funny but true what you are saying... As a mother you think about these things like, "wait is my baby too old to just be wearing a onesie in public?" My absolute favorite type of shoes for babies this age are robeez type shoes, they are leather and almost like slippers, not sure if you have any of those or not ;) They are great for babies who are just learning to walk because they are super flexible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How is it that those little shoes make him even cuter?! Happy Mother's Day, friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love baby shoes! I have a couple pairs for Quinn and keep wondering when she will get to the stage where shoes actually look like they belong on her little feet! :) Happy Mother's Day!

    Marissa

    ourlittlefamblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love his expression in the cart. So cute. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shoes! He looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete