Saturday, May 18, 2013

Growing

It's weird how babies change right in front of your face.  Mace has gotten so big the last few months....and especially this last month.  Looking back on what he looked like in January when he was about six months old was sort of funny....because really, this is still how I think of him in my mind....this squatty, chubby baby with absolutely no neck to speak of...

But he doesn't quite look like that anymore (at almost eleven months)!  Okay so he's still sort of squatty and chubby...but he definitely has a hint of a neck now.  He is looking more and more like a little boy and not a baby!

Don't mind the greasy hair courtesy of Banana Boat.  It is actually sunny today!  We slathered on sunscreen and spent the morning at the zoo.  Although I'm torn between wanting Mace to stay little and wanting him to become a big boy....activities like this are certainly more fun as he gets bigger.  We loved feeding the goats and llamas....

And seeing the giraffes....

Although someone ended up getting a little too comfy in their stroller and took a nap....wish it would have been me!!  :))


15 comments:

  1. I love the comparison of the first two photos of Mace! It is so crazy how quickly these little people change without us noticing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 months, 11 months - hes still the cutest boy ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is SOOOO cute! They change too quickly!

    Maegan

    lovethemama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a sweetie! I feel like I'm in the same struggle....missing my baby more and more each day but falling more and more in love with this new little person each day! It's so wonderful but also a little sad too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Wonderful and sad all at once.

      Delete
  5. He is so adorable! I love the zoo, but unfortunately so does everyone else, so our small zoo is always super, super crowded with no place to park and way too many people! Last year Liam kept trying to push the stroller himself. You can imagine how well that turned out in a crowd :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow he is growing so fast! He is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a little cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mace's shoes are sooo cute. Where are they from? (taking a mental note in case I ever have a boy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are Sperry's! Usually would not spend that much on infant shoes, but they have fit him for 2+ months (isn't that like a year in baby time??!) and he's worn them quite a bit. {This is me justifying my purchase} :))

      Delete
  9. OK- glad I'm not the only one who is highly entertained by the evolution of NECKS in babies! I think it is the funniest thing...no neck...and then suddenly A NECK APPEARS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is so precious. Love that picture of the two of you plus the llama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's so handsome! And I love your tank in the 3rd pic :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We went to the zoo this weekend too! Crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, he looks so sweet - exactly the same, yet without the baby fat! Erm, I guess that IS the idea though, isn't it? To grow up and look like the same person, but older? I'm full of revolutionary thoughts over here :)

    ReplyDelete