Thursday, June 13, 2013

Happy day


Summer has officially started here!  We are two days in and already I feel like Mace and I have a pretty solid schedule down.  I can tell that this is going to be a waaayyy better summer than last year....

Last year at this time I was 38 weeks pregnant and just sort of sitting around wondering when Mace was going to make his appearance.  And then when he did arrive, the weather got crazy hot, so we were stuck inside a lot.  Which probably wasn't actually that terrible considering I wore yoga pants every single day and no one really needed to see that (more like I was am afraid someone might come up to me and strike up a yoga conversation about where I've just been doing hot yoga or something.....to which I would have to reply.....no.....I just look like this......I just wear these clothes.....I don't actually.....do.....yoga.....or hot.....anything....)

Two days in to this summer and we're already on the go.  Today we visited the zoo again.  Mace loves being strolled around and I love having one-sided conversations that go "See him, buddy?  See the lion?" while Mace looks at the buckle on his stroller.

But really, it's a great way to spend an hour or two outdoors.  The animal-watching is good, the people-watching is great, and we leave ready for a nap.


Once we got home for nap time, I made the great discovery that the U.S. Open golf tournament started today!  Golf Channel is our (okay, my) faaavvvorite thing to nap to.  Mace does like it too. That's why he looks so refreshed here.....after his two hour golf nap.....

Running errands......always in the mood for an afternoon shopping trip....

The best part of the day, when Daddy came home and we had dinner outside......and Mace not a fan of my picture-taking instead of waving back to him.....so sorry about that break I took from waving to you for five minutes straight, buddy!

No this was actually the best part of the day.......ice cream trip after dinner!!

Okay so maybe the best and most impressive part of the day was that Mace wore the same outfit all day long...?  Which basically just means I probably left him in dirty clothes all day....?  Oh well!  It was a great day :))

13 comments:

  1. Haha it's so random that you have a favorite channel to nap to. Sounds like you too had a successful mother/son day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post! i can not wait to do these things :)
    and i am definitely you - last summer. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great day and a great start to your summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahaha I actually chuckled out loud when I read " the golf channel is my favorite..... channel to nap to!" I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. His golf nap! Bahaha. Yay for summer! And the Golf channel. haaaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to take Parker to the zoo soon! I was hoping to go tomorrow but it's supposed to rain (boo). Have you guys gone to the farmer's market yet? It's a lot of fun letting them taste all the different food and see the dogs. We love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't really love watching golf but I do love napping with it on in the background :) Mace's pocket tee is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anytime I listen to golf I swear I could nap for hours. I think it's the clapping and the soft voices. Oh. I could just nap right now! :)

    I grew up in Iowa & loved the Blank Park Zoo! Do they still do their Halloween thing...Night Eyes?...or whatever it's called? Such fun memories for me! :)

    Maegan

    lovethemama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The golf channel sounds like an excellent channel to take a nap with. Haha, perfect. I'll have to remember that one! :)
    Happy Summer!

    JessiRene*

    ReplyDelete
  10. ice cream picture is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun day! And, any day that involves ice cream is automatically the best day ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad this summer is going better. It looks like your little man is enjoying it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like y'all are having a great start to the summer. And anyday that involves ice cream is an awesome day! :)

    ReplyDelete