Friday, July 26, 2013

5 years

Five years ago Rob and I were celebrating our wedding day with all of our family and friends with a big party on the golf course back home.  As much fun as it would be to go back and relive that day all over again....and try to remember more of the details that I have forgotten now! (one of the main things I remember is how nervous my dad and I both were when he was walking me down the aisle....I honestly just wanted to melt into the walkway so that everyone would stop. staring. at us)....it is much more fun going forward in time and experiencing life together.
This is one of my very favorite pictures from our wedding day.  Someone told us to be sure to sneak away from the party for a few minutes so that we actually got a chance to spend time together....it's ironic that on the day to celebrate a new life together....the day that we wait such a long time for.....so many people are around that it passes by in such a whirlwind with hardly a chance to stop for a moment and truly appreciate it.  We took off for probably ten minutes and walked over to Rob's parents' house so I could change my shoes.....and we got to talk about how amazing our day had been and how happy we were.  Walking back and seeing all of our family and friends waiting there to continue the party was the best ever.

Onward to many more years!

13 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I love that bridal party photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. What a special moment that you could go to your IL house and get some shoes and have that time together. You're totally right, the day goes by too fast. We actually had a videographer at ours and we usually watch our vows together on our anniversary and we re-live that day over and over again. Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I love that shot too. It's pretty magical!!!!!!!!! Love the color of the bridesmaid dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! GORGEOUS bride! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Happy Anniversary! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!!
    Hope you have something fun planned to celebrate!!
    Hugs!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! That is one huge wedding party! Hope you all had a great time, and I LOVE the picture of you sneaking off together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary!! These are all gorgeous pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you guys had an amazing anniversary. I love your wedding colors.

    ReplyDelete