Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Water

Mace isn't much of a water baby really.  He has likes bath time relatively well, if you call being occupied for five minutes, possibly peeing, and then trying to crawl out liking it okay.  He does take an interest in waterfalls and spraying water.....not sure if he really knows it's water or if he just likes how it looks and sounds.  

Even though I grew up going to the city pool and to swimming lessons, even lifeguarding in the summers and lifeguarding in college.....I'm not overly a water person either.  I love to be around water.....on the beach listening to ocean waves or even just relaxing at a pool.  But I'm fine with not getting in.  Completely fine.  In fact I have a major phobia that involves deep water.  Actually it involves things that can be in deep water.  Namely ships.  Okay, I'm terrified of ships. (Google image search "ship ballast water" and....all those pictures together is basically my freak out meltdown.)  Yet I still went on two cruises.  And did not get over ANYTHING.  Anyway.

Even though Mace isn't a little fishy yet, like most babies he can appreciate anything filled to the brim that can dutifully be dumped out.  Whether that be a box of Cheerios on my kitchen floor or a pail of water all over himself in the pool, who really cares besides the person who has to deal with the crying baby afterward.  So that's how I get him in the water.
And he's figured out how to get out, get back in, get out & annoy the dog, get back in, get out anyway, so oh well.

And now my heart is racing because I am thinking about giant cruise ships.  

9 comments:

  1. OK I have to ask, did you freak out watching the movie Titanic? That seems like your fear come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason you dont like to go in the water is because when you and Andy were little we alwas told you there were creatures in the river. We said it was safe to go near the water with us as the creatures were afraid of big people. It worked and we never had you guys venture down by the river lone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. afraid or not - these pictures are ADORABLE! i absolutely love cruising and water so i hope baby G takes to it. we shall see tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's funny that you were a lifeguard but are afraid of deep water :). I was a lifeguard too. But at a water park. So a LAME lifeguard!

    I am scared to even take Liam back to swimming lessons after the display he put on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really have to be watched every second! Our little boy is all over the place too, he is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love water. And I love to swim. I prefer to swim in pools. I can usually handle lakes. I flat out refuse to get in the ocean. There are too many things that would like to eat me in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's so stinkin cute! I loved playing in the water as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And just so everyone knows, Sally now has a nickname because of this fear. The fear was unleashed while traveling across a long bridge in Florida while staring at huge ships in the water. And so.... she became Deep Ship Shonka :)

    ReplyDelete