Friday, August 16, 2013

KC

So last weekend we decided at the last minute to go to Kansas City for my birthday to shop and do something fun before summer was totally over.....and OH the Red Sox coincidentally were in town, so we asked my parents to come along so we could all hit a baseball game and watch the Red Sox lose. My friend Des gave us the scoop on where to go (I've only been to KC one other time and she used to live there!) but honestly we didn't have enough time to go to most of the places we wanted to go.....so.....next time :))

Mace proved again what a good little traveler he is.  Three hour car ride each way (had Mama and Grandma to amuse him on the way, slept the whole way home).  His sleep in hotel cribs is a little hit or miss though, so thankfully we had a California king bed for him to still give me like six inches of space once he came to sleep with us.  Like HELLO, you have your dad in the bed too, why don't you go roll all over HIM???


And now I'm officially on my last weekend before the kids show up for the first day of school on Monday.  Mace will be happy to be back at school himself, as he just learned a new trick there this week.....spinning in circles like a crazy man....

7 comments:

  1. Though there is never enough time to do/see all the things you wanted at least you ate at Jack Stack!! That pretty much makes any KC trip complete. :)

    Gah - the spinning. It kills me. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun :) Enjoy your last little bit of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the picture of mace in his boston red sox jersey! so cute! and twirling around in the instavideo! how adorable is that! :) have a great weekend! hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his little jersey!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a PERFECT weekend (despite the Sox losing. What is their deal?)
    And Mia does the same when she comes into bed with us (ONLY when we stay at a hotel) She kicks me out of my spot and I end up at the foot of the bed. And Eric? He is dead to the world and has no idea that Mia's even in the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such a fun trip! And he is such a cute little guy! Love the baseball jersey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. DANGIT! We'll be in Kansas City starting tomorrow for a week! You should have planned better Sally! :)

    ReplyDelete