Sunday, August 04, 2013

Oz

Two nights ago we watched the movie Oz (It was okay.  Not quite as magical as the original story or Wicked).  Anyway.  We had a theme of hot air balloons going on this weekend.

Last night we decided to go for a drive to avoid the neighborhood block party and really just solidify the fact that we have absolutely no one around us to count on (maybe we'll go when Mace gets bigger and plays with the neighbor kids....for now we are sort of anti-social in the neighborhood, whoops).  We ended up in Indianola at one of the only original, old-fashioned style A&Ws we know of.....and okay, we just went there last weekend when we watched the hot air balloons with my brother and his family and we really wanted more root beer floats.  And cheese balls.  So what.

We got our food to-go and drove over the the baseball complex in town to watch the balloon flights.  Mace running around + pointing at everything + perfect weather + pop & ice cream & grease.  Win.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this looks so peaceful and fun! Also, I love that you were avoiding the block party - hahaha, sounds like something we would do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!! How awesome that there are so many hot air balloons!! What a perfect evening (plus root beer floats and cheese balls? Amazing).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mace is so cute! I've always wanted to go for a ride in a hot air balloon but they kind of scare me at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I love the pictures of him pointing at the hot air balloons :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing hot air balloons. There's one that comes around our neighborhood every summer. It's so big and beautiful. Mace is so adorable pointing to all the hot air balloons. He is to stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hot air balloons! Never been in one, but hey, they're cool to look at!
    Those pictures are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll have to do this next year. I didn't even think to take Parker this time, but I bet he would have loved it! I love how your pics turned out, too. So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We haven’t seen Oz yet. I’ve heard so many mixed reviews on it. Honestly, we do not watch many movies these days. We have an A&W but it’s combined with a Long John Silvers, so it’s just not the same! You got great pictures of the hot air balloons. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is just so cute! We always had a hot air balloon race that would pass by my grandparent's house when we were growing up and watching them with my grandfather is one of my favorite memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those hot air balloons are something! wish i can go catch some shots of them too. and your little one. oh my - he's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You caught some amazing pics!!
    Cheese balls. Yum! I don't think any food join around here has the slightest clue what those are. SoCal fail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like so much fun! It's definitely on my bucket list to ride in a hot air balloon someday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos dear!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man, those are some wonderful pictures of the hot air balloons! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is pretty darn magical. I would totally take a ride!

    ReplyDelete