Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Can this be normal life, please...

I wish this was a typical Wednesday for us!  Rob's dad was in town today and is staying with us tonight, and we have really enjoyed his company....especially Mace who is usually very shy and takes a while to warm up!  He's had Grandpa playing outside, reading him the same book over and over, pushing him around in his stroller on an evening stroll with a gorgeous sunset and a bright full moon (and maybe Grandpa will let Mace sleep in his bed tonight if Mace wakes up wanting to snuggle?? :)) Rob and I both grew up around grandparents, so I hate it that Mace doesn't see his all the time.  I sooooo wish this was just an everyday thing.....just any old random Wednesday where we could all hang out and eat dinner with Grandpa.

11 comments:

  1. So cute! Mace looks like his Grandpa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg this is so sweet. when my brother had kids, my dad was the same type of grandpa! reading the same books over and over and playing with the little ones. it was the sweetest sight ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute grandpa!!! it's hard to live away from family, but i'm sure even harder once you have kiddos! xoxo

    the well-traveled wife

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you can really tell Mace loves his Grandpa from these photos! How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome pictures. Yay for grandpas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a proud grandpa! They look so cute together :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. My parents just recently moved near us and it's awesome! Just being able to call them and say, hey I need some help can you come over?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! All three sets of Henry's Grandparents came out to meet him over the last month. It was awesome seeing everyone. I also grew up seeing my grandparents on a regular basis and agree it is tough that Henry's life so far away!
    I'm glad Mace had an amazing time with his Grandpa! I love all the photos. What a way to save the memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love him. And, he looks so much like you, it's crazy!

    Being so far from grandparents is SO hard. I can't even imagine what it would be like to live so close that we could just hang out, you know, whenever it struck our fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your gorgeous pictures. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mace is SO cute

    ReplyDelete