Sunday, September 08, 2013

Hair cut

I gave Mace a bit of a hair cut a few days ago and he promptly turned six-years-old.  Why do shaggy-haired babies look like babies and clean cut ones look ready to board the school bus?  Anyway, I was tired of Mace's hair hanging in his eyes, so after watching about 45 seconds of a couple different YouTube videos, I declared myself a cosmetologist and got out the scissors.  I'm already an expert at cutting Lilly's hair, albeit with clippers, but how hard really could cutting a baby's hair be? is what I will never ask myself again.

It went like this: I put Mace in his high chair and set up a camera to record the first snips of his hairs being hacked off, Rob tried to distract Mace by feeding him like an entire cupcake, Mace cried and tried to get his ears chopped off, and I just stayed totally sweet and calm and composed.  Not really, I groaned a lot and said Mace! Come on, buddy! HOLD STILL!!! over and over again like he would actually do it.  It all sort of worked out though and Mace has a decent hair cut and I don't think he ate too much of his own hair that dropped into his cupcake so that was a plus.

Now I should learn how to cut my own hair.  And obviously I will need a cupcake for that.

11 comments:

  1. Too cute! Good job mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! I've been wanting to cut our little guys too. Do you have any YouTube videos you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! I cut Matt's hair and my own bangs, so I think I'll be well-prepped for baby haircuts when the time comes. Maybe. With enough cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job! We've only cut Parker's hair ourselves. This last time I begged Tanner to let me take Parker to an actual barber, but he refused. He's not ready for that 'milestone' just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried cutting Henry's hair ONCE and then decided never again! And it's true - every time he gets a cut I feel like he ages 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree, every time I cut my boys' hair they look so much older! I have cut their hair myself from day one and have NO idea what I'm doing and it is usually a huge ordeal the whole time! I'm starting to feel like it's time to take them somewhere to get haircuts but I'm too sentimental!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job! he's adorable as ever! i can't groom my dog. i think he would bite my head off. such a mellow dog but with some things he just won't have it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little shirt he has on! :)
    I can't wait to document our own hair cut "adventure." I'm going to need more than a cupcake (more like a tall Rum and Coke) to get through the next hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't even imagine cutting C's hair. I want it to be on the long side, I think. Who knows? But if cutting means he ages, then I'm out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job momma! I do Drew's too generally and HATE cutting any of his hair. Why do they have to look older? :(

    ReplyDelete