Monday, October 28, 2013

Grandparents


My parents agreed to come visit (for the second weekend in a row!!!) and stay with Mace while Rob & I went to the Iowa State game.  The last month or so Mace has made major improvements in overcoming his shyness and warming up to people that he doesn't see all the time.  He was happy alllll day with Grandma & Grandpa!  I wish so much that we lived closer than two and a half hours apart.....that days like this could be spur of the moment.....and that Mace got to see them all the time.  So grateful for grandparents and them spending their Saturday with Mace.....an ISU game and hanging out with our friends was just what Rob & I needed this weekend.  Grandparents can always save the day, no matter how far away they are :))

7 comments:

  1. Awe, yay for grandparents! Love Mace's hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandparents are the best. My little guy won't stay with his grandparents, yet. He still has some 'attachment' issues so we can't seem to leave him with a baby sitter or even the grandparents!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. I would give so much to be closer to our family.
    Grandparents are the best... No matter how many miles separate you.

    P.S. Um, those blue shoes?! WHERE DID YOU GET THEM?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are lucky enough to live close to my parents, and it's wonderful because 1. built in babysitters and 2. the love you see between them. The other grandma is farther and face time and text photos help. Kids can be so fickle sometimes - where do they get that?! Yesterday Henry wouldn't even go to my husband :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree with you on the grandparents business... my parents are 2 hours away and my husband's parents are 4.5 hours away, so when this little baby come, it will be challenging! However, I guess you just have to make the most of your time together when you do get together. Mace is adorable and I'm glad you had some alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot WAIT until Thanksgiving break either! We're actually hosting both sides of our family this year for a week back to back so I'm SUPER pumped for all the time off work!

    ReplyDelete