Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tub time


Mace looooves bath time.....until it's time to get his hair washed.  If he gets one glimpse of that orange Johnson shampoo bottle, bath time is officially OVER.  He tries to haul himself over the edge of the tub to make his escape and then either Rob or I have a soaking wet baby boy clinging to us like a little baby monkey.  With dirty hair.

We try to get him so occupied that he hardly notices me slowly getting his hair wet with my hands.....secretly dabbing some shampoo on his head....but once he figures out the apparent torture that is about to unfold.....he is just DONE.  And then I have to quickly scrub and rinse and scoop him into a towel and hold him while he calms down and hope to God he doesn't cake mac & cheese in his hair tomorrow.
This time the little turkey avoided a hair wash.  Tomorrow, little one.

10 comments:

  1. Oh what a cutie! I'm sure you've tried but do different bottles have the same effect? What if it was just soapy water poured over his hair? How sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww poor thing! Love those pics, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! What a little stinker!
    Have you ever tried showering with Mace? Might be fun "sprinkler" time, and a different approach to getting the hair washed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how yummy they smell after bath time. I just want to snuggle with my little guy for as long as I can after bath time, but he's usually done cuddling after 2 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww that sounds really adorable though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed catching up on what I have missed these past 5 weeks. I missed seeing Mace's cute face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhh my heart!!!! that sequence of pictures!! MELT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parker hates having his hair washed, too! Still to this day he cries the entire time. We keep trying to show him how to close his eyes but he just doesn't want any part of it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bath pics! Your little boy is so darling.

    ReplyDelete