Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in review

2013 marked Mace's first full year on the planet as a real live boy (vs half of 2012 as a fake boy real live fetus inside his mother).  He had a pretty great year.  He went to Florida on spring break and to Boston for a summer trip for my parents' 40th anniversary.  He went to Kansas City for another Red Sox game.  He learned how to walk.  He turned ONE!  He celebrated his first Christmas (okay that was 2012 but close enough) and his first new year's.  He's learned how to talk up a storm, and I really should start taking videos of that because I love hearing his sweet little voice.

New Year's Eve and Day signal the end of the holiday season which is always a letdown for me (while many are super pumped to pack away the Christmas stuff, I'm currently thinking of ways to leave my lit garland on the stairs year-round.....and surely the little light up houses can stay up til like February right.....), so I'm trying to enjoy it before my break from school is over and it's back to normal life.

A few pics from our Christmases at home with our families while I hold on to the season just a liiittttle bit longer.....


11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love that last picture! So cute! Off to read all the links in this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. His little green jammies!!!! Toooo cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mace in those jammies!! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic year! I hope 2014 treats you well! Happy New Year, Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pictures! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mace is adorable..And yes Sally, you can leave those little houses out...There are always ways to make the magic of Christmas last just a little longer..

    ReplyDelete
  10. "(vs half of 2012 as a fake boy real live fetus inside his mother)." this made me laugh. happy new year to you! Mace is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete