Thursday, December 12, 2013

Santa train

Last weekend my whole family got together for a Santa train ride and Mace got his first glimpse of Santa Claus and didn't even have a meltdown.  The train ride was sort of a Polar Express type thing.  It was really basic and I feel like they are making bank off this little project and probably need to invest some of that bank back into it.  It wasn't exactly magical or stimulating of the imagination or anything.  But it was a train ride and kids love train rides and hot chocolate and cookies and jingle bells and they had all that so who really cares I guess.

And after the whole thing was over we all got to go to one of my fave places from college to eat yummy Irish food and drink beer.

Fa la la la la la la la la!

6 comments:

  1. I am in love with those jammies!! I need to get some for Parker. Also I lived in Ames for 5 years and never went to Dublin Bay. Silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun train ride! I need to look into something like that this year for my little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! You guys are adorable. I need to go get some more Christmas jammies for Emmah, she has outgrown her 3 month ones, so she has none?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds, and looks, so much like our Thomas the Train experience. Minus Thomas, add Santa.
    And, DUBLIN BAY - OMG, YES! That place has the BEST fish and chips, perfect for any hangover. Or so I hear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a wonderful time with family. i love mace's jammies! so adorable :) my best friend just took her 9 month old to see santa and people were wondering if he'd cry but he just stared at santa the entire time making santa self conscious! it was hilarious to hear.

    ReplyDelete