Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring break '14

For spring break, Mace, Lilly and I roadtripped back to Indee to see my dad's '64 T-Bird and tractors oh-and-our-whole-family-but-let's-just-be-serious-about-Mace's-values-here.  It was really fun and Mace only had one teeeeeny tiny glimpse of the terrible twos show through, so even better.  Obsessions on the trip:  the vacuums, grandfather clocks, and Missy the dog at my parents' (Gaga & Giga's) house (he calls their dog Missy, but REFUSES to call our dog Lilly.....will only call her dog-dog), the picker-upper claw thing at Great-Grandma Jones's, and just waiting for the song "Happy" to come on every time we were in the car.  

We scored two majorly exciting articles of Vintage Uncle Andy Stuff at Gaga & Giga's too: Superman ski hat circa 1983 ^^^ and Georgetown sweatshirt size XL circa 1995!!!! Finders keepers!!!!  :)))   
Obviously the best part was sleeping in my old twin bed and having Mace get in bed with me each morning at about 4:30 to hog the whole thing.  And breathe all over me.  And sometimes sleep on my legs.  
And Grandma's bathtub.  So much better than ours.  

7 comments:

  1. Perfect road trip!!!
    That Superman hat - WANT IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those bath pics of Mace!! He's so stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that first photo!! so perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a great road trip and fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dad would totally be friends with your dad. That TBird is awesome. And I love the mini tile on that bathtub!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great time! Love those bathtub photos! :)

    ReplyDelete