Thursday, June 19, 2014

Almost 2

Sure seems like we were just preparing for Mace's first birthday, and now here we are getting ready for him to turn two.  Last year we had a really fun time with a lot of family and friends over to our house for his birthday.  This year I have planned nothing.  Nothing.  And it sucks.  

I don't (and Mace definitely doesn't) need to have a crazy over-the-top Pinterest party or anything, but how did I plan n o t h i n g?  It's the woooorrst because Mace's birthday is also the first day of summer which makes it doubly the best day of the year....And so what, he's only had two birthdays and HALF of them officially sucked??!  It's just really awful.  I'm thinking of a lot of excuses in my head as to why I never got around to planning anything, and really, I've got some good ones, but it's not helping me feel any better rightthissecond with his birthday TWO DAYS AWAY.

My mom obviously will save the day somehow by having something at her house.  Mace will likely be the only kid there, but let's face it, he's probably just gonna want to play with the hose and grandma & grandpa's dog & kitty anyway.   
Love this little creature.  Here's to hoping we have a couple balloons, a cake, and a happy second birthday.

7 comments:

  1. Happy almost-birthday, Mace! What more do you need than balloons and cake??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute!! I'm sure his birthday will be wonderful through his little two year old eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm preeeettty sure that as long as there are balloon and cake, you're good :) At 2, his bar is still pretty low, which is exactly the right place for it. Absolutely nothing wrong with a little family gathering--that's by far my ideal bday party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right with you. My guy turns two on the 28th.. and I know we are going to a park for cake. A few family members.. no other kids. Telling myself it's okay, and seeing this and realizing I'm not alone makes it better. We have years for crazy kid filled, insane parties.. right?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post sounds just like my post for the last bday at our house! :) Glad I'm not the only mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so adorable and growing so fast! The good news is that Mace will be totally thrilled with whatever you do on his birthday!

    ReplyDelete