Monday, August 25, 2014

My sweet summer.......is not gone

This was our first weekend since school started back up.  And guess what......it's still summer!  Because we got to play at the park and "beach"......go to the fall fest parade.......play with cousins........and get root beer floats and baby cones.  

I love this time with Mace as a two-year-old......it's soooooo fun and so not busy.  I was reminded of that as I started up school again and I see some of my middle schoolers come to school early for marching band rehearsal, stay late for school sports practices, and then go home to scarf dinner and then head off to club practices.  That's the life I lived at that age, and I liked it fine, and I'm sure Mace will like it fine when the time comes for him.  Right now I just really like having him around all the time, us doing whatever we want, and incorporating root beer floats into the mix.

Plus, he thinks his parents are the coolest people on the planet.  And he talks to me all the time.  And tells me evvvverything.  And I love that.  

4 comments:

  1. Please come see us soon. I want to continue summer in SoCal. If even just for a few days.
    And, our boys can talk to us and tell us everything (which, I'm assuming means most of the time you have no clue what the hell is coming out of Mace's mouth, because that's kind of how it goes over here)…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Mace wears little kid Birks. So cute. I bought knock-offs at Old Navy and neither Liam nor Jude would have anything to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the weather too. I'm so happy we haven't really enrolled Henry in anything yet. I love the evenings we do have even if they are short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest family you are :)

    ReplyDelete