Thursday, November 27, 2014

This Thanksgiving

I am especially grateful for my grandma.  
She left us a few minutes after midnight, at the very beginning of Thanksgiving Day.  In the last couple of weeks she has been able to see so many of her family and friends and she told us all over and over again what an amazing family she has.  None of us would even be here if it weren't for her and my grandpa......she is the amazing one.  

I love these pictures from the 4th of July.  Pictures in succession where we were trying to get all the kids to look......and my grandma is smiling big in each one.   

I have so many memories of my grandma.  Some of my favorites are from when I was a kid and I'd walk to her house every day after school.  She would fix up cheese and crackers for a snack, we'd play Racko or Skip-Bo, and watch Days of Our Lives.  We'd scoff at the ridiculous plot lines of Stefano coming back to life again or Hope turning into another different person.

Just a few days ago when my brother and I were sitting on her bed with her, talking and holding her hands, we reminisced and joked about playing games, and about how my brother and his friends played pool and cards at her house all the time........and cut and dyed their hair......his friends loved being at her house as much as we did.  

"Those were the good old days" my grandma said......"I wish we were sitting at my counter right now playing Racko or Skip-Bo."  

"Ahh the good old days when Marlena was possessed on Days of Our Lives" I said.  

The three of us laughed.

We miss her terribly.

7 comments:

  1. So, so sorry for your loss. Hold tight to those sweet memories, always. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. But it sounds like you have great memories of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss :(. Thinking of you and your family. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss, but what wonderful memories you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. Mace now has the sweetest guardian angel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss, Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete