Saturday, December 20, 2014

Reading: The Polar Express




On Christmas Eve, many years ago, I lay quietly in my bed.  I did not rustle the sheets.  I breathed slowly and silently.  I was listening for a sound--a sound a friend had told me I'd never hear--the ringing bells of Santa's sleigh.  "There is no Santa," my friend had insisted, but I knew he was wrong.


Mace amazed me last night by reading The Polar Express.  He loves to read and has parts of other books memorized, but I was shocked as he starting reciting the first page of this book, as the words and sentences are more complex.  Anywhere I stop in the book, he is able to recite the next sentence.  Not perfect of course, but enough to bring me to tears!  So proud of this little guy for his love of stories.

2 comments:

  1. And then I cried again today.
    Way to go Mace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I hope you all had a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete