Friday, March 06, 2015

Cabin fever


We've got it bad!

This time of year is always hard because the end of winter is finally (sort of) in sight and I just want some sun. Having Mace be totally bonkers with cabin fever too hasn't helped one bit (hence the ice cream scoop and chomper for some fun, ha).

This is always the time of year I daydream the most and do lots of online searches for realty in Florida. I just can't understand why my family and ancestors before me decided to settle in Iowa. I have some sort of defective gene that has kept me here all this time too. I mean it just doesn't make sense to live here when there are plenty of perfectly good, affordable, WARM AND SUNNY places to live on this planet. Even the West coast would be fine. Manifest Destiny anyone? The Oregon Trail? Come on! I'm looking at snowbanks out my window right now like WHY.

Meanwhile Mace has asserted himself as the two-and-a-half-year-old that he is and loves things like jumping off the highest point and not getting dressed in the morning and screaming bloody murder if he doesn't get his way. Morning ritual= and I quote, "I wanna be a naked baby!" He loves school and his friends and is a good boy, but he's just a handful right now.

Honestly, it can't be as bad as that flight when I was all alone with him, but I have to admit I'm a bit nervous traveling with him for spring break. He's always been a great traveler (minus that one little time!), and Rob and I will both be there to wrestle him this time, AND he'll have his own seat.

What could go wrong.

:))

5 comments:

  1. This. We are right there with you! Warmer days are ahead (so I hear). Hang in there, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo sick of this weather too!! Hurry up spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH he is getting so big! I hear you on winter and I love how you say you have a "defective gene" that has kept you in Iowa, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winter. What a bitch. Every single year! ( I have the same gene). And I don' t even get to go on spring break! Sad panda.

    Man, 2.5 year-old's are ROUGH, huh? I think I must have blocked this out from last time. Our daycare teacher has confirmed that Jude is indeed worse than Liam was though, and I didn't think that was possible. He's the whiniest, tantrum-iest one yet. Lucky us!

    50 next week though! WOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Growing up I ALWAYS asked my parents why they didn't leave Iowa! I mean, who the hell wants to be frozen for 7 months of the year? And now that I'm here I want to go back… What.the.hell.
    Anyway…
    Mace is going to be awesome on your flight. He will. That extra seat is a serious God send. Just download a lot of new apps (maybe a few Disney movies) and he'll be awesome.
    Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete